Painting cabinets is often times deemed a project that is too difficult, it takes a lot of effort and time. Many customers feel that it would be easier to scrap their old cabinets and buy new ones. But for us there is no job that is too hard, we paint so that you don’t have to! Cabinets offer many benefits, space to store your things and also it fills the room. Because it is such a big part of the room it offers a beautiful focal point. However, if it is a color that blends with the wall, or doesn’t compliment the rest of the room it loses its ability to enhance the space. As professionals, we are able to suggest colors and stains that will make your cabinets pop with color!
Kitchen cabinets can be one of the most difficult painting projects to take on alone. Contact the professionals to help you complete a kitchen cabinet painting project by calling Painter Bros today. Painter Bros is a professional painting company with locations and teams all across the country providing expert painting services at affordable prices. Our team has developed a reputation for quality painting services and exceptional customer care that goes above and beyond to bring customer’s ideas to life. With our team, you can rest assured that your project will be completed with skill, attention to detail, and as fast as possible.
Many homeowners get tired of the way their kitchen cabinets look and want to update the overall look of their kitchen. Instead of replacing your kitchen cabinets, consider a kitchen cabinet repainting or refinishing project. During a kitchen cabinet painting project, the team at Painter Bros takes apart the kitchen cabinets to be able to paint and restore the look of the cabinets in every small crevice. Not only can we repaint the cabinets, but we can also provide new hardware or a glazed finish to completely transform their look. Once the cabinets have been restored and repainted, our team then reinstall the cabinets and paints over the transition areas between the cabinets and the walls to ensure a professional look. Contact the professionals at Painter Bros to talk about our kitchen cabinet painting services and to begin your next project with our team of professionals.
Painter Bros – Residential Cabinet Painting Services
Picking local cabinet painters is a crucial decision to make, as your choice can affect the appeal of your home and the value of your property. Hiring inexperienced painters will likely result in added stress and expenses. For all of your cabinet painting needs, hire our team at Painter Bros. We have the knowledge and the experience you’re needing in a cabinet refinishing company. We strive to be the standard of innovation and excellence in the industry by offering high-quality painting services.
Why Painter Bros?
What sets our painting company apart is our values. Our company doesn’t just exist for the sake of earning profits — we genuinely care about our customers and we strive to provide the best services to them. Our company at Painter Bros is driven by the following:
- Integrity: We uphold integrity by following through with our commitments to our customers, being honest when communicating, and holding ourselves accountable when problems arise.
- Experience: We have years of experience under our belt, and we can provide solutions to any of your painting-related needs.
- Trusted: All of our painters are skilled, trained, and vetted, making us one of the most trusted names in the industry.
- Consulting: Picking the best color for your cabinets will be a breeze as we also offer consulting services. We will provide advice before the start of a project to ensure that any goals you want are achieved.
Regardless of how durable the materials of your cabinets are, these will eventually look worn and damaged. If you want to revamp how your cabinets look, choose our cabinet painting services today!
What Types of Cabinets Get Painted?
- Bathroom cabinets
- Built-in shelves
- Closet storage
- Kitchen cabinets
- Pantry cabinets
- And more!
Because cabinets are frequently touched and easy to wear, it’s essential to invest in the services of kitchen cabinet painters or cupboard painters like our team at Painter Bros. Our services are budget-friendly yet can transform how your cabinets look and extend their lifespan.
Benefits of Cabinet Painting
- You have a wide range of color options to give your cabinets a fresh new look
- Since cabinets experience a great deal of wear and tear, a fresh coat can greatly improve the condition of your cabinets
- If you are looking to increase the value of your home, cabinet painting is a great way to do just that
- Cabinet painting is not as complex as other paint jobs and an expert job can make a great difference in your home
The Step-by-Step Professional Cabinet Painting Process
Step 1: Remove hardware and doors off the cabinets.
Step 2: Clean the surfaces to remove any splatter, grease, or other residue.
Step 3: Sand the surfaces to ensure that paint holds effectively.
Step 4: Apply primer-sealer to guarantee a properly bonded coat.
Step 5: Apply the paint using a foam sleeve mini roller or angled brush.
Cabinet Refinishing and Staining Services
Cabinet refinishing is an extensive process that involves cleaning, filling, making repairs, sanding, priming, painting, and then applying top coat. If any of these steps are missed, peeling and cracking may appear after one year. On the other hand, painting cabinets means spraying or rolling your cabinets with oil-based or latex paint to complete the job.
Advantages of Refinishing
Hiring kitchen cabinet painting contractors to refinish your cabinets has many advantages, namely:
- Restoring the original beauty of your cabinetry;
- Maintaining the integrity of your wood cabinets; and
- Refinishing is cheaper than replacing your cabinets, so choosing this service will save you money.
Under What Circumstances Is It Better to Refinish and Stain vs. Paint
If you want to restore the tone and color of your cabinets, fix wear, and remove stains, refinishing or staining is a better option. You should also take this direction if you want your cabinets to achieve a more classic, natural look.
The Difference Between Various Common Finishing Options
Finishing options for cabinets fall into different categories:
- Polyurethane finish: This is the most common type of finish used in cabinets today and creates an incredibly hard coating.
- Lacquer wood finish: Lacquer wood finishes are quick-drying and leave a tinted, opaque appearance.
- Shellac wood finish: Although it’s one of the oldest finishes used, many homeowners still choose a shellac wood finish because it doesn’t turn yellow over the years.
- Oil finishes: Oil finishes penetrate deeply into wooden cabinets and harden the wood from within. This finish brings out the natural richness of wood, making your cabinets look more natural.
- Water-based finishes: Water-based finishes are easy to apply and clean but don’t provide long-lasting protection to cabinets.
Custom Finishing Options
You can also take your cabinets up a notch by applying custom finishes to them. These finishes leave a unique color on your cabinets, allowing them to stand out in any room.
- Antique look: With this finish, your cabinets will look like they have existed for a hundred years. This is a great option if you live in an ancestral home or would want to create an antique look indoors.
- Distressed wood: As the name suggests, this type of finish aims to make your cabinet look weathered and worn. If you want to hide any scratches or damage, this finish is an excellent choice because its textured grain and rough edges conceal your cabinets’ imperfections.
- Rustic: Do you want your cabinets to blend into your rustic-themed home? A rustic wood finish will highlight the grains of your cabinets and make them look unique!
Choosing to paint or repaint your cabinets is one thing, and deciding which color to use is another. The latter is usually a stressful process as you’re bombarded with options. If you don’t have any idea what color to pick for your cabinets, this section can help.
Attractive Paint and Stain Options
There are a handful of attractive paint options that you can use for your cabinets. If you want to change or improve how your cabinets look without the use of any bold paint colors, paint your cabinets in wood and white. This two-tone combination is a popular choice for many homeowners that leaves a lasting impact. Other paint options for your cabinets include darker shades of gray, rich yellow, cool mint, and classic blue. Sage green is also an excellent option, especially for your kitchen cabinets, as this color enhances other hues present in the room. When it comes to stain options for cabinets, you can pick blonde, brown, white, gray, or cherry red. These stains bring attention to any room and work well in modern-looking spaces.
According to color psychology, colors influence human behavior, mood, and emotion. For example, warm colors, like red or yellow produce emotions of excitement and joy, while cool colors like green and blue are often associated with safety and trust. You need to pay careful attention to the colors you pick for your cabinets to ensure that the room they’re installed in creates the right mood. For example, painting your kitchen cabinets in gray could make the space feel unwelcoming without the right amount of natural light.
How Painter Bros Can Help
For you to end up picking the right colors for your cabinets, choose Painter Bros’ consulting services. We can help you narrow down your options so you can easily choose the best paint colors for your cabinets. Whether you want to repaint the cabinets in your kitchen, bedroom, or bathroom, we have the experience to help you create the perfect mood for your home!
5 Things To Consider for Inspiration When Deciding on Color Options
You need to consider a few things when picking color options for your cabinets. You should never pick one hastily because the wrong color can adversely affect the appeal of your rooms, the value of your property, and the mood you feel whenever you’re indoors.
- Consider the size of your cabinets.
- How long you will be in your home.
- Assess the style of your kitchen.
- Think about the colors of your walls.
- Consider the mood you want to create.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cabinet Painting
Hiring professional cabinet painters can provide many benefits, but not everyone is sold on the idea of doing it. Some are even reluctant to use cabinet painting services and would opt to paint their cabinets by themselves. If you have hesitations about hiring cabinet painters, check out the section below.
How much does it cost to have cabinets painted?
On average, you’ll have to pay around $900 to $2,100 for low-end cabinet painting services and around $3,500+ for high-end.
Is it cheaper to paint cabinets or replace them?
The cost of repainting cabinets can be anywhere from 1/3 to ½ of the cost of replacing them. In short, painting cabinets is way cheaper than replacing them.
Is it easier to stain or paint cabinets?
It’s quicker to apply stain because you don’t need to prime any surface.
What is the difference between refinishing and painting cabinets?
Refinishing cabinets strips them down to make them look more natural. For example, if you have wood cabinets, refinishing will showcase their natural wood grain. On the other hand, painting cabinets involves the application of new paint to give cabinets a fresh look.
Are cabinets worth painting?
Yes, because painting cabinets is a cheaper option, gives your room a whole new look, and increases the value of your home. This option is also faster and less of an inconvenience than installing brand new cabinets.
What paint is best for kitchen cabinets?
Latex paint is best for kitchen cabinets because it dries quicker and has lower levels of volatile organic compounds. Low VOC paints reduce allergy-causing toxins indoors and reduce the concentration of contaminants.
Can you paint over cabinets?
Yes, especially cabinets made from metal, wood, and wood-laminate as these can be painted without difficulty.
Do painting companies paint cabinets?
Most painting companies will paint or spray your cabinets. Make sure to ask for the painting company’s complete list of services if you want to hire them to repaint your cabinets.
What is the best color to paint cabinets in a kitchen?
Sky blue is a great color for kitchen cabinets because it creates an airy vibe and complements stainless steel and white accents. Brighter colors are also a popular choice for kitchen cabinets because it makes the room look and feel more cheerful. However, if you are looking at reselling your home, you may consider some of the better neutral colors for your kitchen cabinets.
Contact Painter Bros Today
Painting or refinishing cabinets is more beneficial than replacing them because the former is more cost-effective, convenient, and allows you to pick from a wide variety of color options. If you’re convinced that painting or refinishing cabinets is a smart investment, work with Painter Bros today. We are a top-rated cabinet refinishing company found across the US, known for being a dependable brand with a reputation for superior results. Aside from using superior painting techniques, we constantly provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism to our customers. Reach us at (800) 644-1541 or fill out this form to receive a free estimate from our team today!
Interested In Opening a Painter Bros Franchise?
Do you want to join the Painter Bros family and become the best local cabinet painter in your area or the boss of your own kitchen cabinet painting company? Franchise Painter Bros today to access amazing systems of sales and production that can become your key to owning a successful painting service! Click this link to become a Painter Bros franchisee today!